It's Monday, it's been a long day since I woke up at 3 a.m. and didn't fall back asleep until 5 a.m., got up and went to the HS to see the counselor about the exchange student. Talked with Lewis and she said the girl was OK, had some issues early on but nothing serious that time didn't take care of. I also talked to a friend whose daughter's in the same grade (11th). She said the Ex.Student was a great girl, outspoken but quirky and fun. She was right! We meet her tonight and I really liked her. I think Andy did too. We pretty much told her she was welcome here and that all they had to do is talk with her current host family, not much of a problem. Actually, I feel pretty sorry for her (ex.student) because it doesn't sound like she's been able to get out much and I think she would be just as happy to hang with us as hang with friends.
On the other hand, we both will need to lose some weight and I think she's determined to make a girly-girl out of me, at least pamper myself with some shopping and make-up. This could be an interesting 3 months. I think I'm getting excited about the change just "talking" about it!
I heard from my little sister today too. She say her daughter is very upset that we are not in contact with each other. Strange, her BM is coming up too so I'm MORE under the impression she is worried we won't pitch in our 1k we've promised all of the nieces and nephews. Even more funny, sister forgot about her nephews graduation when he decided he wanted something other than what she said she got for her niece. Anyway, the thought is that I let her know we still plan to give the monies and she doesn't have to come up for a visit. I sound cold & cruel, but she has been to my home once, and that was because of my son's BM, she has never tried to make it here during her yearly trek to the other sisters home these last 8 years we've lived here. So what does it all mean....
No comments:
Post a Comment