Tuesday, July 31, 2007

End of July

Here it is, the end of July already! I don't know where the summer has gone, but it's been a very wet one and I guess that's part of the loss. Racing has been rained out 7 times of the last 22 shows, almost 1/3 of the season rained out! Loss of $$, loss of points, loss of entertainment!

Hubby and Son have been going at it also. The picture of son on the wall was his first true night out and the car has been changed since so now he doesn't like the cars set-up and handling. Hubby says it's son that's not putting his foot into it and just taking a Sunday stroll, son says he's trying to find a line to run. Neither are happy with the other and I'm frustrated with both.

On the up side - we finished our 2nd of 3 Two night races. This time the $$ went to the Lions Club but it was more work on our part and the Lions Club did nothing to help. While I think it's a great organization, if their name is on the bill and they are getting the proceeds, you'd think they would help with advertising and send more than 6 people to work the evening. Needless to say, we'll probably find another organization to work with next year - I think everyone is aiming for the Cancer Society.

And tomorrow is my stamping party! I think I have 6 definates and 6 maybes. Not bad for the middle of summer! The next night, my son invited some racing buds to have dinner and he's cooking!! Wooo Whoo! maybe we'll finally get a taste of his steaks. He's been busy working at AutoZone and hopes to transfer to the one at school.

So there you have it. A quick synopsis of my summer. I hope to have more exciting stories to tell the kids at school but I'm afraid that may be it. But it's been nice and relaxing and I've just got to plan better for next summer!!

No comments: